Price includes custom design, printing & free shipping to U.S. addresses!
Video: Shows actual sizes,tips on what finish is right for you and promotional tips to get the best use out of your postcards.
Let bookstores, librarians, readers (and Uncle Joe) know your book is coming!
Super economical— Whether pre-launch or after it’s been released, postcards are one of the “go-to” standards in an author’s promotional toolkit. Many other sizes are available than the few popular ones I've listed here. If you do not see the size you need, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with what you’re looking for and I can get you a fast quote.
One thing to think about—postcards don’t have to be mailed. Think of them as a portable advertising space you can toss around where needed. Maybe you want to replicate your cover flats (your publisher just didn’t give you enough the first go-around)—or perhaps you want to add something new to catch your readers’ attention, the sky (er, postcard space) is the limit!
But--if you want to mail your card-- let us know when ordering so we can be sure to design it to USPS standards (or whatever your country’s standards). You don’t want one of those bar-code-stickers placed over your website address? Neither do we. We’ve done the research, so let us help! If you take a look at Sharla Lovelace’s card (in the video, above, at about 36 second mark), you can see that we’ve put attractive filler in the areas that might get covered by stickers & postmarks—but no critical information. The card looks good as is—and will still look good when it arrives.
What you need to know about postcards:
- Select the right size to stretch your postage budget:
- Maximize size allowed for lower “postcard rate” stamp (32 cents) is 4.25” x 6”
- Maximum size allowed for first class stamp rate (45 cents) is 11-1/2 inches long by 6-1/8 inches high.
- Although they tend to look a bit more upscale than a regular-sized postcard, square cards cost more for you to mail out. Check with the USPS (or your country's post office) for current rates. Square shaped cards are great for shopping bag inserts or "pickup" items, book signing notifications, recipes, etc.
- Cards are printed on nice, sturdy (14pt cover) stock, with UV flood coat on the front to give it an amazing shine. For the back, you have two choices:
- Aqueous back/gloss front: Are you going to write on your card or mail it? If so, this is the better choice. It’s a soft sheen, one that can be written on & will keep stamps and mailing labels from peeling off in transit. A good thing.
- Gloss coat (both sides): If you have information on both sides and are just going to drop it off at bookstores, etc, this is a great choice.
What happens after I place my order?
Information on turnaround time.
Need print-ready or design files in addition to the printed product? Availability, options, and pricing.
Ordering the same product (no design change?). Enter discount code PCREORDER25 at checkout to get 25% discount off your reprinted product!