Price includes custom design, printing, free shipping to U.S. Addresses!
Video: Sizes, paper types, promotional tips for using bookplates.
Bookplates have been around for centuries. When books were rare/expensive, bookplates were glued inside the cover of a book to show ownership. Today, authors sign bookplates for fans, adding treasure value to the book. Because each bookplate is a custom design, Ninth Moon bookplates have also been used for gifts (teachers, retirement), memorials, and to mark charitable donations (to hospitals, libraries, etc.).
- Two sizes available:
- Rectangle: 3.3” x 2.5” (horizontal or vertical layout available)
- Square: 3.25” x 3.25” (slightly rounded corners)
- Bookplates are made with archival paper, ink and permanent adhesive.
- Individually cut with a removable backing paper.
- For autographs: Depending on your pen and ink, ballpoint might work, but for best results (and long life of your inscription), we recommend using a permanent ink type pen (e.g. Sharpie) when signing. If you have a dark bookplate design, a metallic Sharpie works well.
- Price includes custom design, printing, free shipping to Continental U.S. Address.
High Gloss: An industry standard. Bright white stock, glossy surface. Perfect for reader give-away items. Colors “pop” on this material. While any design looks good on this paper stock, I usually recommend this stock for novels with a contemporary setting, brightly-colored children’s picture books, business and professional texts. Also good for teacher’s classroom libraries, book donations to children’s hospitals, etc.
Pearl: A sturdier, more upscale paper stock with a slight pearl sheen. Color is barely off-white (not quite ivory). As with the high gloss stock, any design will look great on this paper, but if you need help choosing one over the other, I usually recommend this stock for novels with historical settings, westerns, fantasy/paranormal. These bookplates are perfect when elegance or dignity is desired (memorial bookplates, retirement gifts, graduation). **PLEASE NOTE:*** as of 03/19/2015, our paper vendor no longer supplies the fabric-texture "satin" stock that you may have ordered in the past or have in your sample folder. If you wish to see a sample of the new pearl stock prior to ordering, let me know and I will be happy to drop a sample in the mail.
Promotional tip for authors:
Everyone knows a signed book will boost sales—but not everyone knows a bookplate is a great way to get a "signed" book into those far-away shops. How? Tuck a few signed bookplates into an envelope (along with a friendly note) to your favorite booksellers and ask them to place the plates in your books . . . and watch your sales figures rise! Did you know a signed book:
- has a higher sell through rate;
- has a longer shelf life—less likely to be pulled for publisher returns;
- is a way to get a reader to try a new author or a new line;
- makes a treasured gift!
Bookplates are also great fan give-aways. Ask for an SASE and build out your mailing list. They're also a fun gift idea for an agent or editor (customize a plate with their name to mark their own library).
What happens after I place my order?
Information on turnaround time.
Need print-ready or design files in addition to the printed product? Availability, options, and pricing.
Ordering the same product (no design change?). You don’t need to do anything. I will automatically include 10% more product.